Thursday, May 27, 2010

Purpose of this blog

I created this blog to #1) track information about MSPI-friendly foods and #2) share with the online community what I have learned from raising two children with MSPI.

My boys have what I consider to be a more severe form of MSPI. They cannot tolerate any form of cow's milk or soy (including soy oil/soy lecithin), any nutrients derived from cow's milk, any traces of milk or soy, or the gums that are similar to soy (guar gum and arabic/acacia gum).

In the beginning of their diagnosis I really struggled to find foods that I could feed them, whether those foods be homemade or prepared. Because I was nursing my younger child, I also had to alter my diet so that it was free of all the foods my baby couldn't digest himself.

For this blog I plan to share our story more in-depth as well as go into detail on allergy labeling and "safe" brands.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised you feel the need to talk to others about this problem. Since you girls were milk intolerant (most of you) at least for a while I found out that I was on my own figuring out how to handle this at school and home. It required a doctor's note for you to be given orange juice instead of milk and still it was a struggle with the school.

    ReplyDelete